Every year, since I can remember, our family has a pool party at my mom's house on Memorial Day to celebrate my Grandma Dickson's birthday. This year was no different. We were blessed with beautiful sunny weather and had a great time celebrating 85 years of Grandma.
Growing up I got to spend a lot of time with my Grandma and Grandpa. They were always a constant in my life. Some of my favorite memories are:
- sittng in their bed eating peach ice cream while watching Lawrence Welk
- having my own tea pot and cups for my morning hot chocolate
- making Grandpa his "Sanca" coffee
- walking to the Del Taco for lunch
- Grandma taking me to my first tennis lesson. She loved to play and thought I should also...I did!
- Swimming in their community pool
- Wearing Grandma's house dress as a robe
- Making apple salad and sun ice tea
- Getting in trouble because while Grandpa was a work Grandma would take me for ice cream. As soon as Grandpa got home I would tell him....I did not know that it was suppose to be "our little secret"!
- A trip to Florida and Hawaii with my Grandparents while in elementary school. Perks of my grandma being a travel agent!
- Having the entire family come over to decorate their home and tree for Christmas
HAPPY 85TH BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!